Webcam Crashes Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mikal, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Mikal

Mikal Private E-2

Hey guys, first of all I am not really sure if this is a hardware or software related problem, but seeing as the 'crash' happens upon putting the webcam into the USB port, I thought hardware may be the one.

Right. I just got a webcam and was installing the software... It says to not put the webcam into the usb until prompted, which i done, and it also says to turn off all anti-virus and anti-spyware programmes, which I done (in my case it was zone alarm).

Once the software had finished installing it asked me to put the webcam in, so I did... XP picked it up and was showing the devices at the bottom as usual, then out of the blue it just... crashes... My comp just goes to a blue screen with error messages, it goesto quick to read but I got a glimpse of something about removing the device if it happens again, or something along those lines. Every time I put the webcam into the USB it crashes.

I have tried re-installing multiple times with the same end result.

I did try the webcam on another PC which worked fine without a hitch, so it's definately something with my PC.

So I am not sure if there is something wrong with my computers hardware or if something went wrong during the software installation, like if something was actually blocking a particular thing going through? (Although on the last attempt I did shut down ZA and my anti-spyware progs).

Hopefully one of you will know a solution to my problem :D

Thanks in advance!

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Looks like your computer just does not like that Web Cam....:D List the what kind of computer you have (motherboard, CPU, PSU, all that junk.) And the brand and model of the web cam.

E

3. Mikal

Mikal Private E-2

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds