Can Someone Help Me Choose The Best USB Card From This Webpage?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by superstar, Mar 18, 2007.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

I am looking for a USB pci card under $20 to use with my passport external western digital hard drive, microsoft life webcam, and 2GB i pod. This is the page I want to buy a card from:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Category/category_slc.asp?Nav=|c:5||c:109||c:511|

Thank You for your help. The reason I ask for it is because I do not know if any of these under $20 will be high powered enough to run the stuff I have. I've heard stories of certain USB pci cards not being able to power external hard drives and i pods.

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Model # 3 is for laptops only so that's out (unless you have a laptop). If you don't need firewire, there's no reason to get that either. Numbers 5, 7, 8, and 10 should be OK. I've personally used Cables Unlimited products (incl. the USB card) for years and have no complaints....

hopperdave2000

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds