Just a comment about DVD Flick

Discussion in 'Software' started by hopperdave2000, Mar 29, 2007.

1. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I have some .avi files that I've been converting to DVD format to watch on my home DVD player. The conversion process can be done by any number of programs (NeroVision, SUPER, avi2dvd, Final Burner, etc.), but the end result, the burned DVD, was always hit or miss. Sometimes it played great in the home DVD player, sometimes not so great (black and white, off center, etc.), sometimes not at all; and the conversion times were always so long, that it was super depressing when it didn't work out perfect. Well, I finally tried DVD Flick after reading a how-to guide at www.videohelp.com and I'm really glad I did! DVD Flick is the easiest to use and fastest conversion and burning tool out of the whole bunch! (OK, SUPER is pretty fast, but it doesn't burn, and creates only .vob's) DVD Flick not only creates all the needed DVD files and folders: .vob's, .ifo's, .bup's, VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS, but it also creates an .iso which you can burn with any other burning app- but DVD Flick has ImgBurn built in, so it takes care of everything! Anyway, I'm starting to ramble here.... DVD Flick ROCKS! The Major Geeks rating seems a bit low to me, but it's all personal opinion. And I'm gonna give it 5 stars! I've used it about 5 or 6 times and every DVD has come out beautifully!!! For those of you in need of an easy to use, FAST, .avi to DVD converter and burner, do yourself a favor, and try DVD Flick! You'll like it!!!!

hopperdave2000

And thanx Major Geeks for having such a killer util available to all :major

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I've never had problems with Nero, but it did take near three hours for the whole process. Thanks Dave, I'll check it out. :)

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I agree. The only way it could be improved is if it had a menu creation function.

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Here's the full info on DVD Flick from MG.

DVD Flick 1.2.1.3
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5530.html
    Size: 7.1 Mb License: Freeware Requires: Win All Downloaded: 3952 Times
    Rating: 4.33 (6 votes)

It always helps others to give a link. :D Bazza

5. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Ahhhh yes... the link.... Thanks Bazza! I was so excited about DVDFlick that I completely spaced the link :eek:

hopperdave2000

6. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I thought that was the case, hopperdave2000. :) ;) :D Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds