Registry Guide?

Discussion in 'Software' started by VoiD, Mar 30, 2007.

1. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

was just wondering if anyone knows a good begginers guide to the windows registry?

im pretty good at solving any problems i get with my PC but one thing i have no clue about is the registry, so its high time i sought out a guide to expand my knowledge. Ive found a few sources of info but curious if anyone knows of some in the many dark corners of the www ;)

thanks in advance :cool

2. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

There's a book no longer in print called the "Windows XP Registry Little Black Book" or something close to that. You may be able to find it at Amazon or on EBay used. There's also a .pdf called the Microsoft Windows XP Registry Guide (2002) that I downloaded from somewhere. There's a web site listed on the last page: www.getpedia.com but I can't vouch for it. I'm pretty sure I did NOT get the .pdf from that site. Do a Google search for the guide and you should be able to track it down.

hopperdave2000

If needed, I could probably e-mail the .pdf, it's only 5.7mb (441 pages).

4. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

5. chookers

chookers Staff Sergeant

What do you mean about the last page? This seems to be one of those sites that exists to point you in many directions but not really have anything of its' own of value. (And thanks to typical Firefox manner, I have to view it in IE to see the page properly - this and other little irritating reasons about Firefox is why I don't get rid of IE!)

6. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

thanks for the replys guys, looks like some very good info so ill start reading :)

hopperdave2000 if you could mail me it that would be great, i tryed to PM you but you dont seem to have them turned on and i would rather not post my addy on here :)

7. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

As far as getpedia.com, it's mentioned on the last page of the .pdf file. I've never been there, so I don't know anything about it.... anyway, you can email me at my user name at yahoo.... be sure to mention Major Geeks and the registry guide in the email title or I'll probably overlook it.....

hopperdave2000

8. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Hey! It's been 3 days! Are you gonna email me or what?!?!?!?! ;)
    I keep carefully scanning my mail so I don't delete your message....
    It's all good :D ;)

9. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

10. gjackson2007

gjackson2007 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds