Windows Vista X64

Discussion in 'Software' started by XKazeCloudX, Mar 31, 2007.

1. XKazeCloudX

XKazeCloudX Private First Class

Hi, I am using a 32bit Vista and was wondering if it was right for my Amd 3800 X2 cpu. It does say Amd Athlon 64. Does that mean it is a 64bit driver? And when I go to device manager and look at my cpu. One of the cores has an exclamation mark and in properties device status, it says "This device cannot start" Would using an X64 vista help to fully utilize my cpu? Thanks

I also heard that x64 has alot of compatability issues with softwares? And an alternative would be a x86? o_O I am so very confused with that. I do not know if i should return my Vista or not T_T. And they talk about 32bit applications doesnt work on a x64. How do i suppose to know whats a 32bit application or not, and all that junk! Omgawwwwd. Microsoft i thought i knew u!!!!11

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

You have a 64 bit chip so that's not an issue. I have friends who are Vista x64 all the time doing their daily thing. Drivers are of course an issue for x64. If you bought the retail box, you should have both versions. Just like XP x64, the developers have to catch up. Friends like x64 better for some odd reason. I run x86 Vista on an AMD 64, and I'm quite satisfied with it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds