Projector software

Discussion in 'Software' started by parapa05, Mar 31, 2007.

1. parapa05

parapa05 Private E-2

Hello,
    I need to know if someone here can please help me, I'm looking for software that we can use at church to project songs, I know I can use Power Point however I have seen in some places they have software that is made specifically for those type of presentations, any ideas, I realle appreciate your help, it would be nice if it can be free.

Thank you

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Only searched for this answer to your question, but this software is free and seems to be specific for your need, http://www.easislides.com/

Note: you will need to haev microsoft .NET installed for this software to run, also the webpage has guides and FAQs which should answer any further questions on this software.

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

You have several alternatives

Firstly two free office suites, competitors to Microsoft Office have powerpoint lookalikes.

Open Office has ... Impress

Easy Office has .... Easy Presentation

Impress can also run .ppt (native powerpoint) files.

As many of the congregation/authors may have powerpoint
    You can get a powerpoint viewer free from Microsoft or the Windows CD

Powerpoint itself also has a way of outputting presentations for computers without powerpoint to run the presentation. That is called Pack n Go

MG has Open Office., perhaps some other geek will find the link for you?

Hope this helps

Studio T

4. padams

padams First Sergeant

I think this is what our church uses for their service. It's an alternative to just powerpoint. You can also download bibles to go along with it to display scriptures as well. Hope this helps.

Easislides

You need .Net Framework 2.0 installed before you can install this. If you don't have it they provide a download of it on their site.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds