Internet allowing only some things to load

Discussion in 'Software' started by RE2LeonS, Mar 31, 2007.

1. RE2LeonS

RE2LeonS Private First Class

I've been having this trouble for the past 4 months. Usually when I come here they tell me to do the same stupid thing, check your privacy and security tabs blah blah blah, thats not the case. For some reason when ever I sign into Facebook.com, my page errors and says It cannot find the page. I cannot sign on MSN messanger and Mozilla's Firefox will not even load to the main page. So can somebody help me or do I need to make print screens?

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Are you using XP

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

4. RE2LeonS

Okay i got a bigger problem now, when ever I open Internet Explorer, it freezes and nothing loads period, I tried Mozilla Firefox and it still tells me it can't find the website.....oh now Internet Explorer loaded, it takes like 3 minutes for it to load its getting ridiculous. And yes i'm using XP

P.S. that program didn't do anything to my computer

5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

O.K
    Try clearing out the explorer, and mozilla internet cache (from tools tab)
    Then Clean history, and temporary files ( but watch out for any program temporary files that you downloaded recently, and do not delete them, for a while ), disable all the addons in explorer, and Mozilla, as these can make problems, you can enable them again, one at a time, when called for.
    When you first go back on line it will be slow, but after that it will be normal, as it replaces the cache.

6. flankadank

flankadank Private First Class

Is this happening for all websites or just facebook? Maybe unplug and replug your cable/dsl modem?

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Three brousers could also cause a conflict, I see that facebook.com installs javascript -
    Have a look in managenment console, System tools, event viewer, and apllication, and look for warnings, and double click on any to see what they say freeing memory is often prevailent.

8. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Baklogic, with xp sp2 its built in, at the command prompt do "netsh winsock reset"

9. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Thanks Colemanguy, - because I had the winsock tool, I never looked at XP sp2, for it - I am rather lazy, with some things.
    As I say , we learn a little from each other, all the time.
    It did not fix this one, yet, though.

10. RE2LeonS

Ugh this is getting aggrivating. NO! Facebook is NOT the only one I cannot sign into

1) Facebook, College Sign in, yahoo e-mail, MSN messenger, Ewido Security Anti Virus, all either cannot sign in or establish a connection and its ONLY on this computer that wont' let me do any of it

2) I fixed IE somehow so It doesn't take 3 minutes to fully load a page

3) Mozilla and IE are the ONLY browsers I have other than AOL on my computer and Mozilla still cannot establish a connection period.

The only things I can sign into are this website, MySpace, GameFAQs, and MillaJ.com

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds