application data folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by tongy66086, Mar 31, 2007.

1. tongy66086

tongy66086 Private E-2

I am needing to edit a file located below the "application data" folder, but I do not have one showing.
    When I use a programs open command, I can see the path "Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\ etc".
    I am needing to get into the etc. folder. The problem is, I have noting showing after "Documents and settings\User Name".
    How do I show these folders?
    As far as I can tell, I have the "show hidden folders" checked under the "view types"
    Thanks so much for your help.

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Click on Tools > Folder Options. Click on the View tab. You have to check the box to enable 'view hidden files and folders' and UNcheck the box to disable 'hide protected operating system files and folders'. That should allow you to view the Application Data folder(s)...

hopperdave2000

3. tongy66086

tongy66086 Private E-2

This is where the problem is at.
    I do have the "view hidden files and folders" checked, and the "hide protected o.s. files" is unchecked. But, I have no application data folder.

4. tongy66086

tongy66086 Private E-2

I had done a search before my first post.
    Tried some different search words, and came up with a posting that was somewhat similar in problem.
    I tried the reg edit suggestion that had been made, and it worked perfectly.
    This is what worked for me. Copied and pasted this and saved it as
    fixME.reg, saved it to the desk top, double clicked on it, and it did the trick.
    Hope this helps someone else in the future.
    This site is the best for fixing windows.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg]
    "key"=-
    "item"=-
    "hkey"=-
    "command"=-
    "inimapping"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "Hidden"=dword:00000001
    "SuperHidden"=dword:00000001
    "ShowSuperHidden"=dword:00000001
    "HideFileExt"=dword:00000000

5. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

A simple way to get to Application Data folder is go to Start>Run> in the box type: %appdata%

A window will open showing the Application Data folder for the current user.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds