Kids due today...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corporal Punishment, Apr 1, 2007.

?

Which spelling?

1. Kian

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Cian

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

I still call him "Beta" - But the world is pushing me for a given name.

The last poll helped immensely and we decided on Cian. I might spell it Kian which is the Americanized version of the name.

Thoughts?

(Oh for those who didn’t see the last poll the name is pronounced “Key-in”)

2. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Good wishes for a fast arrival.

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Poor kid will be picked on unmercilessly at school with either choice, IMHO. :cry
    Can't you add another more "normal" name.
    Much prefer Conor, or better still Connor. :) Bazza

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Cian is my choice CP :)

But hope all goes well with the birth, wishing you all good wishes!

Dave

5. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Hey our Best Wish's CP, I voted; but all that really matters is that you guys have a happy healthy baby. When you first get to hold him, nothing else will matter, and the choice will come to you then, and I betcha it wont be "Beta"LOL

6. Corporal Punishment

I am posting from the materinty ward now...Found an open wi-fi. shhhhhhhh ;)

I have a minor concern on the name being a tad different, but I live in a very Irish community so a lot of people know it. Also no kid of mine will ever be scared by other kids teasing him -- he will have to get past me teasing him first. Trust me teasing is an art form in my family. ;)

7. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Is this quite enough CP, hope your boy comes quickly, first ones can take there time, big entrance thingyLOL Ooops hope my laughter didn't wake the babies

8. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

So do you have a baby yet or not??? And when do I get to come see you and Mart?

Call my cell, MG is banned from work, if he's made his grand entrance I'll come up after.

9. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

I guess congrats are in order by now, Jim. All the best for you and the family. Can't wait to see some 'bubby pics.' :)

(I picked Cian, b.t.w. May as well be fully Irish, eh. ;) )

10. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Woooooo! Incoming!!! Hehe :D

Hope everything goes wonderfully and enjoy those first newborn cries, because they are going to bug ya like heck every night from now on hehe ;)

11. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Congrats, Jim. You'll be seein' Cian soon if not already at the time of this post. ;) :)

12. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Congratulations on the birth of your son.:major
    Living in an Irish community negates most of my argument.;)
    Hope all are well. Bazza

===

13. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I'm not going to ruin the details..but the baby is here :)

14. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Congratulations to you and your wife on your new addition to your family.

Hope all is well,

Peg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  15. Corporal Punishment

Since, me breeding has been referenced as a sign of the apocalypse, I think this is a good opening line:

On the 2nd day of the 4th month in the 7years year of the new millennium.... He came. Beware.

Thanks for all the kind words, support and input. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to screw him up as much as my family did me. ;)

Cigars for everyone!

Attached Files:

16. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Congratulations on the new baby, Jim! That's a real nice looking prototype Geek! (Where did he get that from?). I presume you went for Cian, eventually for a name. Good deal!

Many a sleepless night ahead for you both, but they sure are worth it. Congrats to Martha, too, C.P.! :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  17. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Wonderful looking boy. (Just spotted your announcement.) Nice choice of name too.​
    Congratulations!

Now try to get some rest while you can.​
    Cheers LS

18. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

precious, congratulations

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds