Flash 8 Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by tamraica, Apr 1, 2007.

1. tamraica

tamraica Private E-2

Okay so here i am again looking for help. This forum is really great. okay so here is what i need. Again for extra credit my professor want us to find the answer to a question by using a support forum.

Here is the question this time: Within Flash, what is the vegetable term to follow/see the motion path an object is taking? How do you turn this feature on & off?

I need the answer written in a thread (no links to other sites please) in order to get credit for doing this.

I know you are all busy, but you help is much appreciated. :)

2. tamraica

tamraica Private E-2

thanks zbd21, Your answer is much appreciated now can anyone just tell me how to turn "onion skinning" on and off in flash 8

Thanks again

3. housailorr

housailorr Private E-2

Gosh, I have a chance to answer a question instead of asking them! :)

You can turn on onion skinning in Flash 8 by simply clicking on the Onion Skin button in the timeline header. It is on the bottom of the header display window and is the second from the left.

When it is turned on, the frame index will display the beginning and ending onion markers. Then, the stage will display all of the frames within the markers as layered frames stacked on top of one another. You can move either marker to select the range of frames for which you want to edit the animation.

To keep the stage window less complicated, only those layers that are not locked will show, so selectively unlock and lock frames until you see what you need.

If you want to edit an object's motion along a path then the onion skin permits you to see each position of the object at one time superimposed on one another. This makes it easier to accurately position an object on a frame relative to all other frame placements.

This is very powerful when doing frame-by-frame animation, but its usefulness is somewhat diminished by the tween process that automatically places objects between two starting points along a path.

To further make the onion skin more readable, you can click the "modify onion markers" button and select either 2 or 5 frames on either side of the current frame, or you can display all the onion-skinned frames at one time.

I hope this helps, and good luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds