system 32 error - computer shuts down in 1:00

Discussion in 'Software' started by Smartslug, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Smartslug

Smartslug Private First Class

I'm getting this "system 32\services.exe" error message saying that it terminated unexpentally with an error code (I think) -1073741819 and its something to do with the "NT Authority\system"

My computer then will shut down in 1min, and will count this down, saying I should save everything.

Now, since then, my computer has been acting really funny, with some programs not opening (itunes for example) and ctrl-alt-del takes forever to respond.

Any ideas?

2. WaHooCrazy7

WaHooCrazy7 Private E-2

Well you can try one of two things. If you have an XP cd you can try to rebuild your windows structure by booting from you XP cd and selecting repair a currently installed operating system or something like that. If that doesn't work your best bet would probably be a re-format after you've backed up all your data. I would lean toward the re-format because it sounds like you have a virus and it would be faster to reformat your system then to try and find and fix all of the corrupted files.

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

There was a worm (virus) that was out about a year or so ago that did what you describe. I'm pretty sure it was the Sasser worm. Run a real quick worm killer (like Stinger; get the full newest version from http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger or use Anti...Worm in the Antivirus section here at MG) and see what comes up. Also, go to the malware removal forum, read the stickies, and follow the steps.... you might have to run the scans in safe mode.

hopperdave2000

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds