which program to use???

Discussion in 'Software' started by omarizgreat, Apr 2, 2007.

1. omarizgreat

omarizgreat Private E-2

i am not sure how to word this so let me first tell you what i need for this program to do. i am opening a custom body and paint shop for cars and i am looking for a program that i can use to show people what their cars will look like with certain body modifacations, paint schemes,graphics and wheels so they can get an idea about how thier car will look when finished. i first had thought of this while playing need for speed. i am pretty sure that if they make it for a game there must be a larger program that will encompass almost all makes and models of cars i am just not sure where to look or who to ask about such a program any help would be appreciated.

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Adobe's PhotoShop is what you need, but it isn't cheap. There are free programs available, but they generally don't have nearly the choice of features and other options. You can try Paint.NET (download from here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Paint.NET_d4548.html )... it's been called the 'freeware PhotoShop'. I know alot of folks that use Paint.NET and swear by it!!! Good Luck!

hopperdave2000

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

The Gimp is the freeware equivalent to Adobe Photoshop, which will set you back nearly $700. With it you can do anything Adobe's pricier application can do, including putting that money to better use.

4. omarizgreat

omarizgreat Private E-2

i do use photoshop elements 5.0 right now but what i'm looking for already has all the major cars in it with the body kits available so that i can show them what thier car will look like with certain parts and as far as the paint schemes go i would want to show them just a basic idea about what it could look like with just a click of a button.

5. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Ahhhhh yes..... The GiMP! Personally, I like Paint.NET better; it's easier to use (for me anyway).... just an opinion tho'.... The GiMP does, indeed, ROCK! :D

6. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Which paint line are you planning on using, Glasurit, House of Kolors, Dupont...? If one of those then you might contact them and see if they can steer you in the right direction. For Glasurit you need to contact BASF, not sure about the others.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds