Windows Vista turns off HDD ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by xray, Apr 3, 2007.

1. xray

xray Private First Class

HI everyone.

I have been trying Windows Vista now for a few weeks and I have found that occasionally it seems to power down one of my other hdd..
    Why does it do this and can I prevent it?

Thanks
    :(

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Ya, that happens because your settings need to be changed. Control Panel/System Maintenance/Power Options. Click on performance radio button and then go to 'edit plan settings', click advanced and hard disk. A long freakin way to get it done. Arrghh!

3. xray

xray Private First Class

Thanks So much for the info mate,

DAM thats long winded...

Think I will look around for some more settings now im in here.

Cheers augiedoggie

Respect man :D

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

This is an example of some things I hate about Vista, too many menus to go through. There may be an easier route with a command line but I haven't found it yet. The good thing is that you only have to do it once, the bad thing is if you one forgets.

My pleasure mate, as I want to beat this Vista into submission!:boxing :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds