Play DVD from PC -To- Watch on Widescreen LCD TV... HELP

Discussion in 'Software' started by craige4u, Apr 3, 2007.

1. craige4u

craige4u Private E-2

Me using my Sony 18X DVD Writer (DRU 830-A) to play DVD’s and then connect my PC to my 32”LCD TV.

Now the thing is I wana know am I getting lowered quality in any way?

I mean is it necessary to buy separate DVD Player to use with my TV?

Is their any cons in general if i use PC DVD Writer, instead dedicated DVD Player for TV? (Going to use PC satellite Speakers only – so thts ruled out.)

Also, when i enter full screen mode, I am not getting full screen playback(on my LCD TV) in Media player 11, how to get it? Its like big rectangle video in the middle.
    I guess its the aspect ratio, so how to change the same?

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I'm by no means an expert on this, but I'm pretty sure your picture will be of lower qualtiy if you hook the TV to the PC, versus using a home DVD player with your TV. Why? I don't know. But that's what happened when I hooked up my TV to my PC: the picture quality was really bad, so I bought a $40 DVD player at WalMart....

hopperdave2000

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

You shouldn't (both questions). I use my PC hooked up to a 32" LCD TV through a DVI cable, which provides excellent picture quality. When I used a VGA cable, it still was a very good picture. As for WMP11, are you actually going to full screen mode (by pressing the alt+enter key or right-clicking on the video window and selecting full screen from the context menu) or just maximizing the WMP window?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds