XP isn't shutting down "not responding'

Discussion in 'Software' started by Snotagain, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Snotagain

Snotagain Private First Class

The last two mornings I've come out to turn on the computer and it has still been on with an 'End program - PCHDDRecoverer6. This program is not responding....' box up on the screen. Does anyone know what it is? The kids have tried to reinstall a program for an 'iriver' mp3 player in the last couple of days. Just wanting to know what it is, or should I just not worry and do a 'restore'? Thanks for any advice.:)

2. fauX9999

fauX9999 Private E-2

Today I received the exact same error for the first time, only a couple of hours after reinstalling the iriver media player software. I'd say there's no coincidence there, and as a result I wouldn't be overly concerned about it and certainly don't think you need to panic and do a system restore. Basically uninstall the iriver stuff if you can't resolve it, but seems to me its just the poor iriver software (its the most non-user friendly, non-intuitive software you'll ever use so it doesn't surprise me that it's also buggy). I'd say remove it from your startup as a minimimum and take it from there if it persists, with uninstall as your last resort.

For the record, when are mp3 manufacturers going to realise people just want to be able to transfer music etc to and from their mp3's and pc's simply, easily, and quickly. Why do they attempt to produce complicated and feature rich media players that basically screw peoples systems up and make it difficult to manage your mp3 players? There's enough media players already out there as it is.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds