Creative Zen Micro music removal...

Discussion in 'Software' started by SweatyBanana, Apr 3, 2007.

1. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

Well get this.. I have my Creative Zen Micro (M/N DAP-MD0004)(P/N MAPF1080545001843V) that I got a year or so and I cannot remove songs that I have put on it to put onto my computer. I am assuming this is because of the software provided from Creative's website that blocks you from doing anything other than viewing the names of the files, deleting them off of the MP3 player, and clicking on properties.

I was wondering if anybody else has had any experience with these and if anybody has tried any other drivers for the Zen that allows you to listen to on your computer or copy from your Zen, I would love to find out where you got it from (or if you can send it to me).

As well as not being able to copy music files from the device, I cannot put data files (ie. Word docs) onto it like it specifies that I can do in the owners manual. This is also blocked by the software.

If you know what to do, please tell me.

Thanks, Matt.

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Try to use your windows explorer and see if it shows up like a jump drive.

3. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

It doesn't since you need to install drivers to view anything and the only drivers I could find (from Creative) were very restrictive.

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

if a recent os, win2000 or greater, you should just be able to use it with the standard usb mass storage drivers.

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I use a similar product for my ipod, offered by the same company. http://www.redchairsoftware.com/notmad/index.php

6. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds