Help - Registry error/blue screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by shinger69, Apr 3, 2007.

1. shinger69

shinger69 Private E-2

I have a Toshiba Satellitle notebook running XP Pro, 1G Ram. All of a sudden I get the blue screen with REGISTRY ERROR.

It says check any new hardware/sftaware, but I don't have any. It says to start in safe mode, but when I try it just goes back to that darn blue screen. The technical information says

*** STOP: 0x00000051 (0x00000001, 0xE1F3EB60, 0x00370000, 0x000001D6)

Then says

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete.

CAn someone tell me what to do? I am not terribly savvy, but follow directions very well. Thanks.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

When does it do that? During use, when you start it.

E

3. shinger69

shinger69 Private E-2

It first did it when I was trying to access a network drive. Now it does it everytime I try and restart. I tried going into safe mode and it does the same thing. Tried going back to last known correct settings....same thing. I am at my wits end.

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

This dodge might help.

Take one memory module out (read the Tosh manual)
    Boot to BIOS
    choose accept changes and exit
    Restart to safe mode
    then restart to normal mode

Try again with the other memory module only.

If this does not work you will have to do a 'repair install' so find you xp or recovery cd.

Studio T

5. shinger69

shinger69 Private E-2

Thanks. Will give it a try.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds