Sound Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by YukoValis, Apr 4, 2007.

1. YukoValis

YukoValis Private E-2

This might be software or might be hardware so I'm posting it here. Basically I just recently bought a new computer, and upgrading from a Pent 3 to my now 4 . though for some reason on this new computer I can't do something I would normally be able to do on my old computer.

Recording sound: now on my old computer if I used some program like Fraps or whatnot it would record the games sound internally not relying on the Mic of my computer. With this new computer that's not the case, and all sound is recorded only using the Mic

If I can I would like to record sound internally once more and not relying on my mic whatsoever

Any stats you might need to know I will be happy to give.

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

If you go to Sound properties (mixer), then to go options dropdown, properties, check the recording radio button, go to the list below.

If there is an item for Stereo Mix, check it, then press okay. You should be presented with the recording levels mixer, and a Stereo Mix fader. Click the checkbox below to make it active. Now when you record something it'll be whatever you hear from your speakers.

3. chookers

chookers Staff Sergeant

This solved my problem too! I installed a TV capture/Video Input card and a program on a 98SE machine (it was there... :D) and haven't been able to record sound. Now I can.

The setting to be changed was in the Volume Control that you get to by double clicking the speaker in your system tray. Then I chose Options - Properties, clicked the radio button 'Recording' and ticked everything to be shown and then clicked Okay. Experimenting then showed it to be the Wave Out Mix that had to be ticked.

Now my videos have sound and just in time to record a program tomorrow night - I often forget about specials that I want to watch and 90% of the time our VCR can't record because the last user forgets to switch it off so it activates for recording.

Next trick; work out how to attach the VCR to the new card so I can make electronic copies of some home videos to send to family...

Thanks, Goldfish and hope yours is as easy, YukoValis.

4. YukoValis

YukoValis Private E-2

*sighs* ok I still need help. I can't seem to do either of what you both suggest.

Goldfish I'm not sure what sound properties your talking about, but I see nothing for Mixer. Also I have a "Master Volume Control" which I think is what your talking about chookers and even with a bit of fiddling I have found nothing with "Wave Out Mix" on it :( once more I can't even select recording without changing it around. Also I'm sure it will help and I'm sorry I didn't say this before, but my sound system seems to rely upon something called "realtek" please any help would be appreciated

5. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

have you gone to control panel, sound and audio devices, opened it up and made sure all your default devices are the same. I have soundmax on my motherboard so all my audio defaults are set to that. Yours should be whatever your sound card is,,realtek?. I dont have any technical expertise but that works for me when I have problems with audio.

6. Eezak

Eezak Staff Sergeant

The Master Volume control just a simple volume control. But if you look at Control panel/Sound and audio devices/Sound Volume tab/Advanced button and then select the "Options" menu at the top of the Advanced panel you should see a number of devices listed with boxes you can check to display mute and volume tools for each device in the system sound panel.

I'm using a built-in sound chip on my Gigabyte motherboard and I have an icon for the "Realtek HD Sound Effect Manager" in my control panel and it's much more convenient to open that to get access to all the features that the built-in sound chip supports. Whether you have a separate sound card or integrated sound chip on your motherboard you may have a similar sound utility program in the control panel or even listed as a program on your Start button. If you do, it will likely provide more options and help than the "Sound and Audio Devices" program in the Control Panel.

Once you find your software for your audio card/built-in audio, make sure that "Stereo Mix" (or whatever it may be labelled) isn't muted and that the volume slider is set high enough to provide a satisfactory recording level without distorting.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds