Linux system as firewall on windows ISA systems.Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alexey, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Alexey

Alexey Private E-2

Hallo to everybody:) This is my 1st post in this forum so be extra patient everyone :p
    Now the thing is that I have taken an assigment to setup a linux system as a firewall to about 20 pc's with windows!Sounds fun :p but i know very little about Linux :D I am using the RTFM tactics but has little or no effect :p
    Thing is I have to w8 for the rest of my class to set up the rest 20 pc's :D
    Sth last is that we are working with crapy PII that our univercity has + I"m windows generation and i certainly need GUI :D
    I was thinking Madrake for it has the best compatibility with old eq.
    If anyone has any fresh ideas or any tickling details that will be helpfull be my guest :D koz I'm on a deadline :p
    Thx in advance :)

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

3. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

IP Cop is also a great firewall.

www.ipcop.org check it out. no need to know linux commands, you can access your ip cop machine from a web browser on any windows computer. you can set everything up from a GUI

4. Alexey

Alexey Private E-2

1st of all thank u all 4 supporting me :)
    2nd) every other student in my class chosed setting up the isa:p different sections each, and I've chosen to set a Linux system as a firewall so... it has to be Linux :( :p
    I mean.. is it difficult when everyone's finished setting up the isa systems to put mine as a firewall above them???
    Is mandrake a right desition?
    Forgive my poor english btw :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds