Recoverong deleted IMs

Discussion in 'Software' started by sheppard_81, Apr 4, 2007.

1. sheppard_81

sheppard_81 Private E-2

I have a laptop that has two separate user accounts, mine and my wife's. we both have Myspace IM on our accounts. since i set hers up, i have hers keeping all of her message histories....call it suspicion, paranoia, controlling. I'm just making sure there ain't no funny business happening when I'm not here. So i went to check who she was chattin' it up with till 2 in the morning last night, and found out that she deleted all the history. Yes i have her password. I need to know if there is anyway that i (being the system administrator) can somehow find this stuff in my hard drive somewhere? I running XP Home. Any help would be so great.

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Hello n Welcome to MG's

I have a novel suggestion, why don't you just ask her?

If your logs are lilly clean, should not be a problem, he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

She might just be teaching you a lesson ;), never underestimated a woman. If she knows how to delete the logs, u can bet she can read yours and most likely detect if you spy on her.

You're going down a rocky road, distrust can only lead to disaster. Try being honest and ask her.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds