FTP server?

Discussion in 'Software' started by bubbagump, Apr 4, 2007.

1. bubbagump

bubbagump Private E-2

Here is my scenario... I have many many users on a Linux box and all they need to do is use the box as a file repository. They post files and pull them down via remote locations. They also need be able to have certain shared directories between users. To this point what I have done is use PureFTP which supports symlinks. Each user through FTP gets crammed into their home directory and then can access symlinks to whatever shared directory they need to get to. The next step now is that they need to have encrypted transfers. I had considered using SFTP, but that doesn't prevent users from browsing the file system of the whole server... and some users need to not know what else is on the box. So that leaves me with FTP over SSL. The problem is, i can find a server that supports symlinks AND SSL data transfer. PureFTP supports TLS, but that only encrypts the control channel, not the data channel. Any suggestions? And I am not married to FTP either. I just need a cross platform capable client and something that is secure to be able to make publically accessible. VPNs are not an option here.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds