Win32 window appears when PC starts

Discussion in 'Software' started by claytm00, Apr 6, 2007.

1. claytm00

claytm00 Private E-2

HI,

When I boot up my PC, windows loads and then the WIN32 folder also loads up on my main screen.

Can you advise on what I need to do in order to change this setting so that it no longer appears when I start my PC?

Thanks

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Right click on a clear grey area of the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
    Choose the start menu tab
    Whichever version you have click customise
    on classic click clear documents
    on ordinary choose advance tab
    click clear documents.

Restart and test.

Studio T

3. claytm00

claytm00 Private E-2

Hi,

I've tried what has been mentioned below and when I restart my PC and it loads up my desktop, the WIN32 Folder still loads and opens up.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Try # 260 on the righthand side here, http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double
    click the vbs file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds