error with realtek onboard audio

Discussion in 'Software' started by hugh750, Apr 6, 2007.

1. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

I've got a hp pavilion computer and it's got a realtek hd onboard audio plus i'm running windows xp media center edition 2005 and lately i've been getting this error :cry

Attached Files:

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

1. I failed to mention when i upgrade to windows vista it works fine but i got one pc game who's patch doesn't work with vista , By the way i've got windows vista home premium.
    So it maybe my windows xp problem might be with one of micorsoft's updates because it don't do it untill i run windows update.:(

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I find this a bit confusing; first you said you're running Xp Media Center, then you said you're running Vista... is this a dual boot system? I guess it doesn't really matter tho'.... first, go to the HP web site and download the correct sound driver for your Pavilion model. Then go to the device manager and uninstall the sound driver (under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers), then go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, and see if RealTek audio is listed. If it is, remove it. Then reboot the PC. If WinXP re-installs the driver automatically, great! If not, use the driver you downloaded from HP to re-install the sound drivers. That should do it!

hopperdave2000

4. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds