Zone Alarm virtual memory problem?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Onesize, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Onesize

Onesize Private E-2

I've recently upgraded ZA on both my desktop and laptop. The desktop is fine. The laptop (toshiba) at start up opens a window saying that ZA client is initialising and the window will close when this has completed. It eventually closes but ZA icon does not appear in the tray and a window with the same message opens. This continues until I cancel. At the same time I've been getting a message saying that virtual memory is low. This was already set well above the minimum but I increased it anyway. I don't know if the two are linked but there was no problem with either before the upgrade.
    I recently ran CCLeaner on the registry but reverted to the registry back up incase this was the problem, but I get the same message.

Simon
    Leigh On Sea, England

Win XP SP2

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Can you do a clean uninstall? If so try uninstalling and installing the ProTrial Version - it will revert back to the free version after trial is over. Also try disconnecting from internet and closing all programs b-4 install. This has helped me in past when Zone get finicky.

3. Onesize

Onesize Private E-2

I know its been a while but thanks for the advice. I tried a clean uninstall but get an error message saying that TrueVector is running and the uninstaller then quits. It turns out that according to Windows Security Centre ZA is running even though no icon appears in the tray and I get the message saying the client is still loading.

I've tried turning off truevector from within services on msconfig but get an error and it continues to run.

I'm running the new version of ZA on my desktop (faster and more memory) with no problems but will revert to the old version on the laptop....when I can remove the latest version.

Si

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds