C&C Generals

Discussion in 'Software' started by rgv312, Feb 12, 2003.

1. rgv312

rgv312 Private E-2

Anyone got C&C Generals yet??? I got it today, this game is sweet!!!! graphics are awesome... overall gameplay has improved over previous versions.... just wanted to hear others thoughts

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I have said, and everyone I talk to agrees, that its the best ever. Loving it!!

3. kefka

kefka Private E-2

I got it last week and here is my quick rundown of things I DON'T like about it. I feel totally ripped off buying this game and will only portray the negative side.

Top 10 things I hate about this game. I think I could go to 40!

1. The units get stuck ALOT
    2. The AI computer stinks, need I go into detail about the lack of brains on the computers end?
    3. No real unique feeling over any unit even when they promote.
    4. The interface looked so bad, I had to take screenshots without it (f9 I think)
    5. Starcraft is a better purchase at 14.99 as far as re-play value goes. Do you want to replay this storyline..NO (atur adun commander HELL YES)
    6. The un-traditional mouse clicking just makes it awkward to get used to, not orginal.
    7. The char portraits feel cheezy of low quality.
    8. The unit voices are lacking diversity (comon how many times have you heard RED ARMY today)
    9. Hiring 100 hackers is pretty damn funny, but this leads to long drawn out games online with so many units the game lags to a crawl.
    10. Tanks vs soldiers, depending on the mortar a tank can kill a single person or 20 tightly packed units in 1 shot. In C&C your tank will take up to 10 shots to kill a soldier...

You are right about best ever, the last 2D releases were not much to speak of beside having some fun with a friend when your tired of every other RTS. It was a good laugh to compare them with GTA 1 which was made with a 64 box of crayola.

4. Mistic

Mistic Private E-2

I also liked this game.. The multiplayer sucks though, I cant stand the 'lag'. Single player and skirmish is awsome though. If you thought the AI was to easy you should have set the diffuculty to 'hard' then, I promise u will get a challenge out of it. I'm sad cuz I allready beat the US campagne. :( Im gonna try China next, you can be dam sure Im not gonna waste my time with the 'sand boys'. :rolleyes:

5. jimmyboy

jimmyboy Private E-2

I've not played C&C Generals yet. I saw it at the game store today, and it looked interesting, but I have a few other RTS games that I play so that I probably won't be buying this one. Not to mention all the other games there are to play. (There's only so much time in the day, you know??) I really want to play Warcraft III but haven't bought it yet, so that'll be the next RTS game I get.

(On a side note: I saw a T-shirt at the mall last week that said, "So many video games, so little time", and it had a picture of an original Nintendo ES controller. I loved it, but they only had one left and it was too small for me so I didn't buy it.)

By the way, do or have any of you play/played Empire Earth? What are your thoughts on that? I love it! It's like StarCraft (my all-time fave game) but with more resources to manage. Plus, there's the zoom-in feature which my friend and I found on accident while playing one time.

6. kefka

kefka Private E-2

I just finished this game, don't let the cons get you down playing the GLA single player is ALOT more fun than china and usa its too bad I had to do that one last.

7. dalic

dalic Private E-2

I think generals is like the other c&c games:
    predictable, way to easy, shiny and colourfull,
    and most important, not worth to buy

8. StingeR

StingeR Private E-2

hi, im a huge fan of c&c. i absolutely do not enjoy any other battle sim more than c&c series including red alert n stuff (warcraft 3n starcraft come close).
    but yeah the game has its flaws. could have used more versatile units. and the AI is damn stupid! ruins the fun in skirmish. they just exhaust all the funds on the map n then they just sit, they dont try to make money thru hackers, black market or supply drop. thats a big bug. just survive for a while n then they are sitting ducks for u.
    anywayz havent tried on lan yet its giving me some probs. graphics look good. the game could have used some personality tho. it lacks the usual opening n closing videos of the series.
    nice additions tho. rank up etc etc etc. all in all not a bad game....BUT could have been much more........but why would they do that......cuz they have to release another version dont they! ha ha ha its just a marketing strategy........azzzzzzzzzzzzzes

9. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

Generals rules big time on a (smallish) LAN.
    we played 5v5 and 3v3, was way fun :D
    you're right about the AI though, it's crap.

10. dalic

dalic Private E-2

most games are cool on lan thou :D

11. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

yup, even Ricochet :D

12. dalic

dalic Private E-2

yeah I was suprised to find that out too, we nearly played 6 hours of ricochet on lan, I was like *gasp* :)

13. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

hehe, we played from 2am till like 8:30am nonstop 1on1 Ricochet, all the other dudes were asleep and me and someone else were battling at Ricochet :D

14. dalic

dalic Private E-2

well I just watched, had to much golden power so couldnt sleep, but wasnt awake either, only when my opengl dropped out and could only play @ software rendering I felt disgraced enough already so I dared myself a few games myself, its very funny but to say its really nice after being awake for 50 hours :rolleyes: :p

15. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

duh, but it's still funny :D

OH MY GOD~!!! Look at those pixels fly :D:D ;)

16. Mistic

Mistic Private E-2

Its Westwoods last game (from what ive read) and they cant even make a better game then one that was made 5+ months ago THATS PATHETIC! A disgrace from westwood they have much higher standards but this is bad for their last game REALLY bad.

Right... So that illegal copy of yours was made by Westwood huh. Mmm Hmm.. Well, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion weather it be Idiotic or False.

I'm like EA Games, "I challenge Everything".

17. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

Generals was coded by EA Games, not Westwood.

18. dalic

dalic Private E-2

that proved to be an argument for someone I (rather dont) know to not buy generals, blatie blah, its not the original westwood any more, so it sux... that also proved to be his only argument....

19. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

he is right though, it isn't quite as good as the previous versions in the C&C "universe", granted, it has better graphics but that's about it, there's no real story that pulls you in, making the single player mode quite boring, not to say the AI has been very poor untill they released 1.04 in which they adressed the AI problems...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds