Outlook Express Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by mrudella, Feb 12, 2003.

1. mrudella

mrudella Private First Class

I created a new account and entered my account username and password. I clicked save password. Everytime I go to check my email, I am prompted for the password. The username is already filled in and the save password box is checked and grayed out. Why do I still have to enter the password, and how can I fix it? Also, I forgot to add that it is the Outloook Express that comes with Windows XP. Thanks.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

do your other accounts have this problem as well?
    do you have protected storage service running?

3. mrudella

mrudella Private First Class

I don't have any other accounts on the computer. Not sure if I have protected storage service running. Would that matter?

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

in my searches it has been mentioned that this is necessary.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

First thing I would try as that has happened to me is to uncheck save password and re-enter password then tick it again to save password also re-enter password just to make sure you have typed correctly! ( easily done mis-typing i'm a devil for it ;) )

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds