meta tags

Discussion in 'Software' started by batman, Feb 14, 2003.

1. batman

batman Private E-2

I just need some advice about meta information. I need to know whether the meta name, description and keywords should be placed in ALL the html pages of a website for the search engines.

Hope someone can help. Cheers.

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

if you want the search engines to search the internal of your site, they do need to be on every page you want it to search.

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Simple answer, Yes

More complicated answer:
    Instead of putting them on EVERY page. Make ONE page header and inlcude that in every page via an include statement.

You should also note that many search engines are following suit of Google and aren't using META tag information as a large part of the ranking weight. Infact, google doesn't use them at all.

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

it does use them, its just not the priority (since all these dweebs from crack sites have meta tags with half the english dictionary) now they just have a black screen with the words in black, so they are in the body, so google searches thru that first. THere is always a way round it!

ALL of my websites use header files and footer files, usually called top.asp and bottom.asp, that way i dont need to mess around with stylesheet files if there isnt a need, i can even *dynamically* assign a stylesheet for the whole site if i want to. an asp include looks like this :

<!-- #include file="header.asp" -->

In most of my sites that contains the bulk of the layout (menubars etc.) and the bottom one just contains a mini logo, closing of table tags, etc..

Sorry, didnt mean to give u a lecture!!!

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

straight from the googlers mouths.. they said they don't use META tag keywords in their rankings. I read an article about them a few weeks back.

Are you contradicting me soldier!!! :mad:

;)

6. batman

batman Private E-2

well thanks to you both anyway - a little more research on my part i think!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds