iMesh

Discussion in 'Software' started by goldfish, Feb 15, 2003.

1. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Ok, whats the deal with this? it says its a filesharing app, not entirley sure, anyone used it? it dont seem to come up with any results woth speaking of.........

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

so have i, keeps throwwing popups at me! damm thing!

3. Balbanebeoulve

Balbanebeoulve Bal. Balba. Babalabawhosemawhutsie

What's the best file sharing program? I use imesh currently and well I might need a new one, I can't even use my computer if it downloads something. So any recommendations?

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

5. Balbanebeoulve

Well I heard KaZaa lite has some stealware or something on it....and winmx how does that work?

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

stealware? whats that? kazaa lite is free of spyware, which is why i suggested it. Winmx works about the same, only a little less pretty! winmx doesnt have the ranking system, but you do get a lot more results. It essentially works in the same way as kazaa, you specify a folder to share, people can search you etc. If you are a dialie or behind a router, use a secondary connection, if you are directly on cable or somthing, use a primary connection. Works just the same, seems to use less resources than kazaa, less ram anyway.

Also on that, kazaa, why does it use so much facn ram?

7. antijock

antijock Private E-2

most definately Klite

Kazaa lite has to be best one really... it's rather fast and has no spyware. It's also a bit more versitile, lets say you can't connect with those programs because your admin blocked those ports server side... you can specify a port to use or use 80 (in the newer versions 2.+). they also have included a couple of useful progs in the newer versions.

8. Balbanebeoulve

9. Anthology08

Anthology08 Private E-2

k-lite

I download it from http://www.k-lite.tk, It works well and the site is safe just download it man. ;) I have had no problems so far and I have had kazaa lite for months and months.

10. Balbanebeoulve

Okay thanks a lot for the help guys ^_^

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds