Mpegav files

Discussion in 'Software' started by SarahCarr, Feb 16, 2003.

1. SarahCarr

SarahCarr Private E-2

Hi Guys.
    Can anyone help me here.
    My wonderful kid brother downloads new episodes of Friends for me every week. I live in Greece and i have no english TV, and i know you are all going to moan at me for having stuff downloaded but everyone does it.
    Problem is my kid brother records one episode per cd, and as i like things organised and tidy, and each epiosde is only around 220, 000, you can get three episodes on one disc. So, i have winoncd, and i copied three episodes at a time to my hard drive and then added them to one disk. The disk will not play in my dvd player. My dvd player plays my brothers copies but not mine.
    They are coming up as MPEGAV files not .avi files.
    Has anyone got any idea what i have done wrong and how i can convert them back to .avi? Or suggest a programme i can use?
    Thank you in advance if you take the time and trouble to answer me.
    Sarah

2. mal1930

mal1930 Private First Class

HI, I can't help you but just wanted you to know I tape constantly. I am more or less house bound and watch the evening shows during the day.

My nephew from Wales lives in Greece with a Greek girl and teaches English as far as I can gather.

I am getting a bit sick of Friends. It has been running to long.

Have you checked the help files in your burning program as there might be something there to help you.

I have seen on some forums the problem can be because the session is not finalized whatever that means. Peace Mal

3. wangateur

wangateur Private E-2

DivX supports these files.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds