I ran System Mechanic and......

Discussion in 'Software' started by Balbanebeoulve, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Balbanebeoulve

Balbanebeoulve Bal. Balba. Babalabawhosemawhutsie

Ok well I ran system mechanic and I searched for "junk"......well it found around 8000 files in the same folder. If you have aim can you please check it out and tell me what the hell they are? This is where they are ,some folders hidden,
    C:\Documents and Settings\(user here)\Application data\aim\(aimuser)\urlcache. I have around 8000 files in there. They have names like aim434.tmp..... now can anybody tell me what they do and ..... if it's safe to delete them?

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

AOL Instant Messenger Cache. Should be safe to delete, ICQ does the same thing.

To be safe, do this:

Make sure your temp files are going to the recycle bin on delete from System Mechanic. Delete em all, make sure everything is ok before you empty your recycle bin.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds