I need software that can snag this...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roystacy, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Roystacy

Roystacy Private First Class

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

3. Roystacy

That option is not available when running in Media Player. RealPlayer downloads it but upside down and with a mean green tint.

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Try in a web browser... I did this on the link here, in MGs.

5. Roystacy

I opened it in a new window. Then, it popped up in my media Player, so I hit Copy to CD. It says "cannot copy".

I tried and did copy using "RealPlayer" but it comes out upside down, backwards and really green. Driving me nuts!! Frustrating! But I know there has to be a way to snag this.

Thanks for the help so far!!

6. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I apologize, I must not be making myself clear. There is NO (immediate) need to open it in WMP or RealPlayer. You should just right-click the link in your browser, and select 'Save As'

This link is a video of what I am doing to save the file, if it helps.

Note: you can't see the video playing in my video, but it IS indeed playing.

7. Roystacy

Thanks. It is a bit small to view but I will keep studying it. One question though: Is it VLC Media Player? Reason I ask is because when I right click on the link that I put in, I don't get an option of "save as" but rather "copy", "save target as", "copy shortcut", etc.

I thought of another thing. Since you were able to save it, why not email it to me? If it's cool, I'll send you my email address. Thanks.

But I will still try studying how to get this done because this is not the first or last time I need to do this. hehehe

8. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Actually, it's Firefox... the equivalent in Internet Explorer is 'Save Target As'.

9. Roystacy

Great! I will try that right away. Thanks.

10. Roystacy

It works so long as I am online. I need to be able to view it offline.

I did the CamStudio recording as well but that gets me video without the sound.

Still trying!!

Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds