Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Carrp, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Carrp

Carrp Private E-2

I keep getting a message on my PC telling me that my registry is corrupted. Please someone tell me that I can fix it for free? I don't have a clue how to fix it. I would really appreciate any and all help I can get.:)

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Hello Carrp and Welcome to MG's

Think everyone will need more info to help you. Please tell us your Operating System and Exact Message

Thank you

3. Carrp

Carrp Private E-2

Hi and thank you for replying. I have win 2000 pro. And the exact message reads: Crital Error Message: Registry Damaged and Corrupted. To fix problem go to registrycleanerxp.com. But when I do that they want money.

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE MESSAGES!!

The messenger service in Windows 2000 and pre-SP1 (or possibly 2) XP has been exploited to show popups from malicious sources. To stop them, please do the following:

1. Hit windows key + r (or click Start --> Run)
    2. In the 'Run' dialog, type 'services.msc' (without the quotes)
    3. Press enter (or click the 'OK' button)
    4. In the 'Services' dialog, locate the 'Messenger' service
    5. Right-click the service, and select 'Properties'
    6. On the 'Messenger Properties' change the 'Startup Type' to 'Disabled'
    7. Press the 'Stop' button
    8. Apply your settings.

Do not worry, this will not interfere with the operation of any of your programs, even MSN messenger. It will, however, stop the annoying malicious popups.

In fact, since you have visited these websites, you might be wise to follow the instructions in the malware removal thread, just to ensure the website didn't put any nasties on your system.

5. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

As mentioned above, you have been infected with a virus/spyware/malware. Windows will never pop up a message stating that the registry is corrupt, and especially won't prompt you to visit a web site to buy something. Again, as mentioned above, visit the Malware Removal forum here at Major Geeks, read the stickies and follow the steps. If you have problems, post in that forum and the anti-malware maniacs over there will be happy to help you out... good luck!

hd2k

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds