Back folding!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ironsnipe, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Ironsnipe

Ironsnipe Private First Class

Hey guys, i'm back folding with this team after a long hiatus. I think the last time i visited these forums was back in november of 2004. When i quit i think i was like #7 on the list of folders, now i'm down to #43. Unfortunately i took the hiatus because another member of the team was constantly putting me down left and right, and never ceased. He eventually pissed me off so much that i quit the forums. Now i'm back and ready to give my knowledge of PC repair to all fellow geeks.

I'll be ramping up production in the next few weeks as I will be upgrading my computer from the old athlon xp 3200+ to a new 6000+.

2. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Well let me be the first to welcome you back. Need all the help we can ;)

3. Ironsnipe

Thank you!

Yeah this processor has been overclocked for 4+ years straight. It's a wonder it's still working. Infact it's working perfectly. It's just i'm having trouble playing all the newest games so here's the lineup for the new PC.

AMD X2 6000+
    CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
    ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP
    EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP

All in all it will run me 730 before rebates, and roughly 670 after i mail them in. I'm also thinking of signing up for the 6 mo same as cash offer for a preferred account with newegg. That way i can pay like 150 a month so i'm not overwhelmed all at once with a 730 buck withdrawl from my checking.

4. herb

herb Private E-2

yeah im trying to save up for a new computer and im thinking about getting that nvidia nforce 590 sli mobo - is it good? how has it worked for you?

5. Ironsnipe

don't know, still thinking about all that hardware.

My brother is pushing me towards intel. I've been a diehard amd fan my whole life and i don't think i can do it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds