Not sure where this goes...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Thadian, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Thadian

Thadian Private E-2

I have a question about tracking a hacker.

I play WoW and some guy has been harassing our guild for a bit... hacked our vent server, website (took passwords then deleted everything), hacked various accounts (including mine)...

And I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything that could help track this guy down so we could report him to the police (he has now called the owner of the website at home and make threats if he doesn't quit WoW or whatnot...)

The website guy has a few IPs that this guy has been using... but even I know that it's pretty simple to fake your IP.

We think he's also responsible for the hacking of another guild's site and characters... but I haven't talked to them recently.

Signed,
    A Troubled Gamer

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Call the police, seems to me that threats would warrant them to monitor the phone lines and see where the call is coming from?

3. Thadian

Thadian Private E-2

He did the police thing... They are taking a report probably as I type this.

I was just curious if anyone knew of ways (legal ones and were shareable) that he could be tracked more electronically.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds