system restore

Discussion in 'Software' started by muffins, Jul 24, 2007.

1. muffins

muffins Private E-2

need help!!
    was playing around with my comp today and made a mess of our comp....i need to restore the system to yesterday...my bf always does it but he is at work and i was wondering does anyone know the steps to take???

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Which Windows are you using?

This should be fine for all that use System Restore ( ME, XP, Vista ) Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Then once System Restore opens click Restore my computer to an earlier time and then a list in a calendar format will show you available restore points, choose the one you need or closest if one on the date you want is not available and follow the prompts, you PC will reboot and may take a short while to restore.

If your using Windows Vista, then the location is same but a few minor changes exist, when System Restore opens, Click Next, then your given then last current restore point, but if this is not the one you need click the box that says "show restore points older than 5 days" then click the restore point you want and click next and follow all prompts, again the PC wil reboot to finish the process, do not interupt it.

3. muffins

muffins Private E-2

worked great! thanks so much

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

your most welcome

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds