Msn and Yahoo

Discussion in 'Software' started by jb81, Feb 19, 2003.

1. jb81

jb81 Private E-2

Hi everyone, i was woundering is there any program to STOP .exe and all other potentian evil files that might contain viruses?So what i mean is if my brother downloads a exe the thing will stop it from downloading... I hope everyone understands what i mean :confused: plz email me for some help just email me ok , i would LOVE to know and stop bad things being downloaded...

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

The best way is to have a good antivirus that scans memory in real time. You can try a pretty decent free antivirus program called AVG which you can download here
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=886&cat=29

or if you're willing to drop some money you can try www.my-etrust.com. The E-trust scanner is a great scanner. I own it and I think perhaps this is the best AV i've ever owned.

I would also like to point out that MSN scans your files for viruses before you download them. Not sure about Yahoo, but it would seem to be a likely event. Though it's still best practice to have an AV on your system as well.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds