Cannot connect to ADMIN$ or Registry remotely. Help.

Discussion in 'Software' started by w3junky, Jul 24, 2007.

1. w3junky

w3junky Private E-2

I need to be able to connect to ADMIN$ and remotely modify the registry for Microsoft SMS purposes. Some of my client machines (Win2000 SP4) do not allow me to see these shares/registry. Any ideas? The error is "No network provider accepted the given network path" when I try and access the admin share by doing a \\computername\admin$

The Server service is running on the client machine and also the remote registry service. Any ideas how I can fix this?

-Ryan

2. w3junky

w3junky Private E-2

When I googled the error, one solution was to run sfc /scannow on the workstation. Will have to try this Wed. I can connect to the admin$ when using the IP address though. Weird.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds