Windows update downloading same updates.

Discussion in 'Software' started by N5638J, Jul 25, 2007.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Ok it seems windows update ask me to download the same updates over and over. I want it to stop!!! lol I have no idea why it wants to download the same updates over and over. I looked in the windows folder and seen there is quite afew update folders some are over 200MB. anyone know what might be causing this? I am running windows XP Home SP2.

[​IMG]

2. N5638J

N5638J Guest

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Try a manual update, custom. If WIndows Installer is one of them install it by itself. I always manually, custom, update Windows, but let Automatic Update notify me when updates are available.

4. N5638J

N5638J Guest

I got it set to custom ;) no matter what i have it download it shows back up on the list even after it was already installed.

5. BrownSugar0811

BrownSugar0811 Private E-2

Goto> http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us that's the MS Update front door.

Select the CUSTOM button.

All updates due to be downloaded should be listed here; click to drop down (explode) the item and you should see where you can tell the MS server not to force feed your system a particular item on the list.

Poof! That's it!

Hope this resolves it for ya!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds