CHanging from Windows me to Windows XP HELP lol

Discussion in 'Software' started by SouthernGal, Jul 25, 2007.

1. SouthernGal

SouthernGal Private E-2

I ran the windows advisiory to see if i was able to get the upgrade from windows me to windows xp and it said i qualified, im wondering is it ok to just install windows xp over windows me and if you can do I need a Windows xp validation key code to enter ? confused Only reason im doing this is so i can download sun java 6 or better to play games online , now aint that a hoot :D

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  2. ericnumnutz

ericnumnutz Private E-2

I am not sure if you can upgrade from windows me but I never do upgrades I always backup all my data and do a clean install and yes no matter what you do you will need a validation code. xp will let you install it for 30days and use it but after 30 days if you do not valadate online or on the phone the system will be useless.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Correction:

Yes you can upgrade, and yes you do need an XP key. Then, you will need to activate it online, over the telephone, or as mentioned, after 30 days it will not work in normal mode.

While it is better to clean install, upgrading is an available option.

4. ericnumnutz

ericnumnutz Private E-2

never said its not an option just stated I never do it. thanks!!

5. SouthernGal

SouthernGal Private E-2

THank you for your response to this :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds