Cannot View Some Web Images/Graphics

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tom K, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Tom K

Tom K Private First Class

Hello MajorGeeks!
    For a while, I have been unable to view some webpage images/graphics. For example, on forums I visit, I cannot view certain Avatars, yet all others are visible. On other sites, I cannot view the header image (I have included a screenshot [Reduced from 100% to 85% to conform to Maximum Filesize allowed on MajorGeeks] from the site eSnips, in it you will notice their logo is omitted because of this problem). This problem occurs both when I use Internet Explorer and FireFox. Furthermore, when I right-click on the location where the image is supposed to be, the menu does not indicate an image is even present, though I know that it is there because it is viewable on other computers I work on at another location.

I have tried disabling the firewall, the problem remains. I checked if I had the latest Java Runtime Environment installed (I am quite sure I did this correctly, but can try again) and according to their site, the latest version is installed.

Please assist me in correcting this problem. I will try whatever steps you suggest to help do so. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  2. Tom K

Bump :p

The problem seems to occur with IE moreso than FireFox. I cleared out all the Temporary Internet Files, Temp files, and other stuff, but this missing images/graphics problem has really been bad this afternoon.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

When I can't see items in FF, it is because I have javascript turned off (I use the noscript addon) - this is different than java. I have IE set to prompt me for scripting.
    To see if you have it enabled Tools/Internet Options/Security tab
    Make sure the Internet icon is highlighted and select Custom Level. Scroll towards the bottom and you'll see the scripting section.
    1) Active Scripting should either be set for enable or prompt (that's me I'm cautious)
    2) Allow paste operations via script set for enable or prompt
    3) Scripting of java applets set for enable or prompt
    Be sure to click ok before you close the box. You may have to close your browser and re-open it before you notice the change.

4. Tom K

Hey plodr,
    Thank you for the prompt reply.

All of the Scripting settings in IE are already set to Enable and have been for quite a while, so this is probably not the cause of the problem.

I have also tried closing IE and re-opening it again, and this sometimes helps the problem, but recently it has not.

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

What other "security" software do you have installed/running? I would try temporarily disabling them and see if it solves the problem.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds