Is there a program that can...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roystacy, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Roystacy

Roystacy Private First Class

manipulate a video clip in a particular fashion without changing the extension? I finally got RealPlayer to save a videoclip from a news station. I fixed the issue with the green tint. Now I have to figure out to flip the picture up and over so it looks right. Right now it looks upside down and backwards. Thanks.

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Don't know of any free ones to edit real media files but Ulead Media Studio Pro will do the job.

3. Roystacy

I have Ulead and it changes the extension so I can only view on Ulead. Unless there is something to it I don't know about. If there is, do me a bigfavor and show me the way. Thanks.

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that VLC Player allows you to rotate and flip the image/video you're playing. I know that VLC has some fairly advanced features, you just have to poke around a bit.Link to VLC: http://www.majorgeeks.com/VLC_media_player_d4674.html
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/VirtualDub__d5523.htmlVirtualDub is a very advanced tool, and not the most user friendly app on the planet, but it should do what you need; but you'll probably need to seek out some help on the web or VDub's forums.... (I think it's available here at MG also).
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/ZS4_d4825.htmlCheck this out!!!!
    Good luck!!! (I haven't necessarily used the above apps, I'm just offering you some options and saving you some web search time ;) I have used VDub on a limited basis to join video files with GREAT success!)

hd2k

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2007
  5. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Warning snapfiles doesn't test files as strongly as we do here.

6. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Very true... but I've d'led some quality apps from there that I haven't found ANYWHERE else.... like I said above, I 99% sure that Virtual Dub is also here at MG in the MultiMedia section. :D

hd2k

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Good, then you have no reason to link to competitors. Its in very bad taste, man.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/VirtualDub__d5523.html

8. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

:eek: I'm sorry! :eek:
    ;)

I was there lookin' for something else, and came across VDub and linked it w/o thinkin' about it.
    "I'm sorry! No, I'm NOT sorry!" (a quote from Paul Ruebens- aka PeeWee Herman- in one of the Cheech & Chong movies ;) )

EDIT: BTW- what is "woot"???? I see it all over the place, and have no idea what it is confused confused

9. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Jeeeez! I REALLY need to pay more attention (or not stay up so late)! I had no idea ZS4 was here at MG! I'm glad my links have been straightened out!

Thanx.

10. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

I know Ulead have been taken over recently, but I don't know the status of their product line.

Their Video Studio was supplied bundled with many video editing hardware products. I am not talking about that product.

I am talking about their full blown professional competitor to Adobe Premiere. I actually prefer Media Studio as it has inbuilt compositing functions not available to Pemiere.

Back on topic. MS does not have its own file type. You insert the RAM file, or any other movie file you have a codec for, edit to suit, and create a new movie back to tape, disk or file.

11. Roystacy

Thanks everyone for the assistance. I have an issue dealing with Vdub and RealPlayer/Firefox. I downloaded the video under RealPlayer via Firefox. Basically, I opened the video clip, a small box appears at the top stating download video. I say sure. It dubs. Cool. Then, when I try and send it via email, it throws a ".irv" extension which I assume means Internet Recorded Video. Anyway, when I try and get VLC Media Player to look at it, it will not even recognize it. Moreover, when I try and download the file from my email, it adds a "[1] or [2] to the .irv. Then I cannot open it at all in Real Player. Also, when I try and drag it into VirtualDub, it says cannot for some reason that currently escapes me. What am I doing wrong? Thanks again for all your help.

12. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds