Bios

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheTick, Jul 26, 2007.

1. TheTick

TheTick Corporal

Not sure this is in the right place so sory if it is not

here is the thing me being me tried to do something on my own with no experience and managed to poo up my bios some how.

Here it is from the start.
    I have a game called Armed And Dangerous which requires 64Mb graphics
    My comp has 128Mb but apparently it is inbuilt
    The game would not pick up any 3d hardware as well as not installing directX version 9
    I was told that the graphics card could be sharing some of its memory with the comp so i had to look in the Bios to find out.
    Surely enough i did that and found the graphics set to 64Mb
    I looked in the chipset section of the bios and it waffled on bout sommat.
    Anyway i changed the setting of the graphics card to on-board graphics AGP (i think) and now my monitor wont come on when the computer is booting up
    I have some how disabled it.

Any idea fellas

I cant change it back cause my monitor wont work

I have a 32mb graphics card from a different computer which i tried but the same happened

Any Ideas?

By the way i am having to access the Library internet cause my comp is pooed so any info you need will take some time soz bout that.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

It would probably be easiest to try simply restting BIOS to default. There are typically two ways of doing this:

1. Use the clear CMOS jumper. You would find this documented in your motherboard manual.

2. Pull out the CMOS battery. This is the round, shiny battery on your motherboard, about the size of a quarter. Take it out of it's holder for 30s+, and reinsert.

Don't do either while the system is powered on. Remember to keep yourself grounded while doing this to prevent damage from electrostatic charge on you. This usually means attaching a grounding bracelet to your case, or simply holding a bare piece of skin to the case while doing this.

3. TheTick

TheTick Corporal

Excellent cheers for the reply man this site rocks

I will keep you informed about how this goes

if i do not reply i am probably dead from an electric shock lol

Cheers Mada_Milty i will be in your debt if this works

Oh yeah i am english so i dont know how big a quarter is lol i know where the CMOS batt is anyway

Thanks

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

When restarting for the first time, it is best to press del/f2 to go straight into Bios , and load failsafe defaults,click yes/f10, and save and exit bios. before going into Windows.

5. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

You mean AFTER BIOS has been restored to factory defaults?

6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Mada_Mitty,
    Ohhhhhhhh, um , :eek:,
    Belt and braces-- I got so used to doing it after a bios update......roflmao

Sorry The Tick, as Mada_Mitty, said.... forgot the old boys rambling.:eek

7. TheTick

TheTick Corporal

Well the remove CMOS battery worked cheers you guys.

I did not know about the:
    When restarting for the first time, it is best to press del/f2 to go straight into Bios , and load failsafe defaults,click yes/f10, and save and exit bios. before going into Windows.

You mean AFTER BIOS has been restored to factory defaults?

So i will do that when i get home

Cheers again peeps
    got to go and post a new thread in the games section lol its to do with the graphics card

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds