Need to copy files from external USB HD

Discussion in 'Software' started by hopperdave2000, Jul 27, 2007.

1. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I have a 60gb external USB HD, and I'm upgrading it to a 100gb drive. I looked thru the back up section here at Major Geeks and now I'm even more undecided as to the best way to copy the files from the 60gb to the 100gb. I know I could just copy-n-paste or dragondrop the files, but I'm thinkin' there's a faster and better way. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations? I love to hear 'em!
    Thanx

hd2k

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Nope, simple is good, drag to desktop, then drag to other drive from there, don't use usb to usb as it will be slower.

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

OK.... I guess the ol' dragondrop it is. Now, how about some software that will do incremental back ups? If I have a folder on my PC, and the same folder on the ext., what's a good app to keep the folder on the ext. up do date and 'synced' with the PC's folder so they both always have the same files? Is there one that will work both ways? Like if I add a new file to the ext., it updates the folder on the PC, and vice versa..... oh, and freeware if at all possible ;)
    Thanx!

hd2k

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds