sygate personal Firewall and Avast Home edition

Discussion in 'Software' started by aumaker, Jul 27, 2007.

1. aumaker

aumaker Private First Class

I put in Sygate and Avast...my wife is now having trouble connecting to outlook express through our provider. She has the wireless router connected to her computer. I am on the nework and I can connect to Microsoft office outlook. Is there something in Sygate/Avast that would block the connection?

2. risk_reversal

risk_reversal MajorGeek

Some clarity please.

Are other internet connections affected ie does your browser work.

When you say she is having trouble does that mean she cannot connect at all or sometimes she can sometimes she can't.

Does this mean that she is connected by way of an RJ45 through an ethernet card or is she using a wireless card???

You can connect to the internet from an other pc whilst she is having difficulty.

Sygate is a firewall and controls outbound and inbound connections.

In the first instance did you disable the XP firewall (I presume that you using XP).

Also when you say you put in Sygate do you mean Norton or the 'old' Sygate. Would be good to know what version you installed.

Good Luck

3. aumaker

aumaker Private First Class

I think I got it. I disabled Windows firewall, installed Sygate and then had to run the SP2 update. That turned Windows firewall back on. Turned it off again and she can receive her email

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds