Frustating problem...help needed.

Discussion in 'Software' started by minor_geek, Jul 28, 2007.

1. minor_geek

minor_geek Private E-2

Hi Everey1,

I had windows 3003 server standard edition installed in C: rest D: and E: had lots of useful data in it (movies, softwares, etc) suddenly one day something went wrong and I was not able to see the contents of my D: and E: whenever I click on eighter of the 2 partitions (D and E) it says “Access denied”

I formatted the C: and installed XP Prof but it didn’t solved the problem.

Then I booted the system with another HDD make the problematic HDD as slave, that too didn’t helped.

Then I booted the system with “KNOPPIX LIVE CD” now at least I could see all my files, they are in good condition but I cannot copy them to the other HDD.

iam able to create new folders delete the files but “System Volume Information” folder iam not able to open, rename or delete, it says “access denied”

D: and E: partition shows as “NTFS extnd”

Please advice what to do.

Thanks for ur patience for reading such a long post.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds