counterstrike source error.....???

Discussion in 'Software' started by zleepy18, Jul 28, 2007.

1. zleepy18

zleepy18 Private E-2

hey, I just bought Counterstrike source, and it has been succesfully innstalled...
    but when i try to connect css, i get this error warning: engine error, platform error: module failed to initialize. after clicking ok, i get a new one: Hl2.exe error..

can anyone tell me how to fix this?

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

source games tend to be very picky about how they are installed, at least thats what ive found to be true. when installing make sure all programs, aside from the installer, are closed. Things like IM programs, media players, internet browsers etc... Try to reinstall it with nothing else running, it usually works for me

3. zleepy18

zleepy18 Private E-2

I tried that, but I still have the same problem! Please help

4. prometheos

prometheos Staff Sergeant

One thing that might cause the startup failure is your firewall. Some of these game loaders attempt to gain an internet connection before they can continue with the initial game play. So, you will have to access your firewall program to give "Hl2.exe" permission to access the internet.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds