where have my icons gone?

Discussion in 'Software' started by abs_206, Jul 28, 2007.

1. abs_206

abs_206 Private E-2

some have vanished confused especially annoying is the WMP as i have to go to my music to activate it now?? i vaguely remember uninstalling something but its not on the system restore, it made the IE icon disappear but i managed to create a short cut whereas i cant on WMP. also paint has gone so i can edit pictures (photoshop takes too long for what i need paint for)

thanks in advance ;)

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Think you uninstalled some components, Operating System?

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You should just be able to go to the folders that you are missing icons for and drag them to your destop. They will be .exe extensions, such as wmplayer.exe. That will create short cuts the same as clicking on the short cut menu option.

4. abs_206

abs_206 Private E-2

I will take a look, also the icons arent what they should be eg google earth etc they dont have the normal logo

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I had that prob with google earth a while back and shut my PC down and after I turned it back on,didn't have the prob anymore. I don't know why it worked or if it will for you.

6. abs_206

abs_206 Private E-2

no its been missing since i did what ever i did!

theres no exe file in the program files for WMP

7. Cat_w_9_lives

Control panel > Add/Remove Programs < Add/Remove components

check Accessories & Windows Media player

(paint is in accessories)

Will put on start menu again, then create a shortcut to desktop

*Dir. are for XP so if other let us know

8. abs_206

abs_206 Private E-2

got back IE, WMP and Outlook but still not the logo for various programmes but that doesnt bother me too much as at least i can access them!! no games or accessories as i dont have the SP2 disk that it says it needs. I have downloaded paint from the site so i have something quick to use instead of PShop.

are games and accessories free to download anywhere??

9. Cat_w_9_lives

10. abs_206

abs_206 Private E-2

cant do it without the disk, ive deleted off and now cant get them back! hey ho! cheers for all your help though and if i get hold of a disk, at least i know what to do!

11. Cat_w_9_lives

If you removed via add/remove components you can re-add w/o the CD. (I can add/remove same component as I choose on my pc) this is by design due to user needs changing.

Try it w/o the CD if you used add/remove component.

If you deleted games, then no you can't re-add.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds