XP Crash

Discussion in 'Software' started by aumaker, Jul 29, 2007.

1. aumaker

aumaker Private First Class

I CCleaned, uninstalled Norton; installed Avast! Home Edition 4.7.1029 and Sygate Personal Firewall Free 5.6.2808, installed SP2 update, and disabled windows firewall. All was well for a day and a half. Now when I got up I have a black and white screen with:
    We appoligize fot the inconvienience but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change migh have caused this
    If your computer stopped responding, restartedunexpectedly, or was auto shut dow to protect your files or folders, choose last known good configuration.
    If startup atttempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power reset button was pressend or if you arent sure what caused the problem choose the start normally
    Safe Mode
    Safe mode with networking
    safe mode with command prompt

last known good configuration

start normally

use up and down arrows to choose

no matter what I choose, it runs through a number of lines very quickly:
    Multi(0)Disk(0)rdisk(0) Partition(1)windows system 32/Drivers then goes to HP Invent (blue screen) then back to the same page.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds