make vista think i have a faster processor

Discussion in 'Software' started by gimpster123, Jul 29, 2007.

1. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

Hey guys,
    I recently purchased halo 2 for vista. The specs seemed to be adequate using the windows rating system (3.1, 3.0, 5.0 etc). The game will install fine, however I cannot play it, I get the following error message:

Halo 2 X

Initialization failed. Either insufficient system resources were found to run the game, or game data is missing or damaged. Reinstalling the game may fix this problem.

| OK |A

After getting this error message several times, i checked the system requirements manually.

My processor Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz doesnot meet the minimum speed of 2.0.
    However the minimum rating is "3.1" and my processor is rated 4.6.

Help!

thanks,
    gimpster

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Quite simply, even if you fooled the OS into thinking you had a 2gig processor, it would be unplayable. If 2.0 Ghz processor is the minimum, then remember that the game will still just barely run at 2.0

3. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

ok. I still have one question- how does that rating system work? According to that, all my specs are fine.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/pages/458117.aspx

What are you full specs including Graphic Card? as this maybe the week link if its the onboard type.

Hardware specs min req

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

That is not what you said:

My processor Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz does not meet the minimum speed of 2.0.

6. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

You're confusing two different things I believe, that rating you're talking about is for how your system rates for running Vista, it has nothing to do with the game as that has it's own requirements and as was already said, your specs aren't good enough. Sorry you spent the money for the game.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds