Need help again, please?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ®KIM, Jul 29, 2007.

1. ®KIM

®KIM Private First Class

I have several DOS games that my grandkids like to play whenever they come to visit (keeps them out of mischief!) and the youngest is due early next week. On checking them, I found that I suddenly can't access all of them, all giving me the same message as illustrated below:

C:\DOCUME~ADMINI~1\Desktop\DOSGAM~Duke1.pif
    Invalid startup directory, please check your pif file. Choose ‘Close’ to terminate the application.

C:\DOCUME~ADMINI~1\Desktop\DOSGAM~Duke2.pif
    Invalid startup directory, please check your pif file. Choose ‘Close’ to terminate the application.

C:\DOCUME~ADMINI~1\Desktop\DOSGAM~Duke3.pif

C:\DOCUME~ADMINI~1\Desktop\DOSGAM~Duke3D.pif

C:\DOCUME~ADMINI~1\Desktop\DOSGAM~HOCUS.pif

C:\DOCUME~ADMINI~1\Desktop\DOSGAM~Mario.pif

C:\DOCUME~ADMINI~1\Desktop\DOSGAM~Blockout.pif

So - any advice you can give me how to kickstart them again, please, without being too technical as I'm no computer fundi?

Thanks in anticipation!

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

3. ®KIM

®KIM Private First Class

Thanks, Brownizs - I'll have to ask someone to help me with it, though, but if it does the trick, it would be great!

Much appreciated!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds